Thursday, May 6, 2010

reviews and anecdotes.

With school coming to an end, and summer rapidly coming our way... I have been extremely busy with classes and getting ready for finals and what not. On the bright side, I've got less than two weeks to go! Whoo! :) Anyway, I haven't been on here nearly as much as I'd like, but there are a couple things I'd like to touch upon while I have a little bit of down time.

First thing's first. Within the last couple months, I've recently had to switch over to a new mascara because the one that I'm completely in love with has been discontinued. No, it's not any fancy make up brand... it's actually drug store mascara, and I swear by the stuff! If you're anything like me and don't have the longest eyelashes in the world that go on forever... you'd absolutely love it. Sadly though, the company decided that it was best to go a different direction and replace it with another kind of mascara. In case you have no idea which mascara I'm talking about here, it's Maybelline Lash Stylist. I don't know what it is about it, but I was obsessed with it.


Contrary to their belief, I do not feel that it was a good move on their part. They've replaced it with Maybelline's new Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length mascara. Which I've tried, and I felt that it was an all around okay mascara none the less. It gave me a bit of length but not nearly as much as the lash stylist did. If you do more than maybe two coats, it begins to look clumpy and a tad bit messy quite frankly. If I were to rate this mascara out of 10, I'd probably give it a 6.5/7.


After they released the original Lash Stiletto mascara, they continued on with the idea and came up with Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Mascara: Dramatic Length Meets Bombshell Volume. I went to the store to try and get the original but unfortunately they only had it in waterproof... which I for some reason have never been a huge fan of (it takes too long to get the stuff off!) So I went out on a whim and decided to try the "new and improved" version of the mascara that was already just okay in my book in comparison to the lash stylist. To put it bluntly, I was not impressed with the stuff at all. It offered some aspect of length but as for volume... it was not existent. I do not recommend this product if you are looking for a lot of length and a lot of volume!


If you're really wanting that dramatic effect to your eyes, my recommendation would be to use the original lash stiletto after applying a good volume mascara. It doesn't compare to the result that I got with my all time favorite, but it will get the job done. I'm really hoping that one of these companies will bring back that wand that I am crazy for.

Next, I have a recommendation of perfume that has just become another wanting of mine. I'm sure many of you either have it already or have at least heard of it. I purchased some products from Sephora not too long ago, and when I had it shipped to me they gave me the option of a few samples off their website. I for one, have never smelled Juicy Couture's "Couture Couture Spray". So I had a little bottle sample of it sent my way! I tried a little spray of it and it instantly struck my attention.


The smell lasts a long time and it comes in this gorgeous bottle. I checked out their website and as far as pricing goes.. it's a bit steep, but nothing that you wouldn't expect coming from juicy couture. 1.7 Oz bottle costs about $65.00 and a 3.4 Oz bottle costs about $85.00. If you are ever looking for a perfume to try out and have some extra money saved up, I would definitely recommend this product. It's a feminine and romantic scent, but it is wearable during both the day time and the night time. Go check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of the Lash Stylist but I never really paid much attention to Maybelline mascaras until a recent purchase. I just recently bought the Full and Soft and i LOVE it!!! I'm going to do a blog post about it I'm so excited!

    http://labelsnob.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete