Saturday, May 29, 2010

pet peeves and recommendations!

So I realize that I've been doing extremely poorly on updating my blog as often as I'd like but with the last week of finals and classes ending... there has been a lot going on! So please, excuse the delay. I don't have very much to say on this blog today, but there are a few things that I'd like to touch base on.

Advisory Note: I read my pet peeves section to my boyfriend and he made a comment that made me realize that my input could be taken completely the wrong way that I intended it to. I deeply apologize if any of what I say down below offends anyone in some shape or form. That was not my intentions in any way! It is purely based off of certain circumstances that pertain to my personal life and surroundings. None of which is trying to poke fun, judge, or make someone feel less of themselves. Again, PLEASE know that nothing I say is trying to cause any negative connotation towards anything or anyone. Most of which I was going about in a joking matter.

First: I want to share with you all some of my BIGGEST pet peeves when it comes to fashion. My first one has to be muffin tops. I don't understand why so many women out there are not purchasing the right size pants, but trying to squeeze yourself into pants that are 3 times too small for you is quite unflattering. It can happen accidentally, I understand that. I am also aware that there are some ladies out there who are unaware of what a muffin top even is. Let me show you!


This is a constant view of what I see on a day to day basis. It doesn't matter if you are a size 0 or a size 20... please just do me a favor and buy the right size fit for your body. It may not be the number that you love seeing on the tag, but it can make you look and feel SO much better about yourself. If the number really kills you, go ahead and snip that bad boy off once you purchase them! No one will ever know :) Plus, I can't imagine that being squeezed all day in teensy tiny pants is a comfortable feeling.

Second pet peeve would definitely have to be leggings with ugg boots. Or even worse, legging capri's (or any capri's for that matter!) with ugg botts. I'm not anti-uggs in any way... I love them with jeans and when it's freezing outside! But some women are wearing them smack in the middle of summer with khaki, camouflage, and legging capri pants. I'm not going to go too far into this one, but in my opinion that is an absolute fashion no-no.

These are god awful
This too... it's not much better for men.

Let me clarify though, I am not speaking against ALL leggings with ugg boots... they can look cute if worn the right way. I've also found that genuine real uggs look 10 times better then the knock off "fuggs". Some of those styles look two times too big, giving your foot a much wider appearance. An example of what I think looks more acceptable...


On to the next: Visible booty dimples... not the cute ones that are above the butt, but the ones that are hanging out ON the butt. I think tiny women and large women are all beautiful, but I do not enjoy seeing them in pants where you can literally see every crevice and wrinkle in their behind. Everyone has fat stored in some places they don't like, but work with what you DO have and flaunt your body in a positive way that compliments your shape and size! Every women has the option and the right of wearing clothing that make they feel comfortable and sexy in, just make sure it's the right size and is flattering to your body.

Next... the extremely large too-huge-for-your-face bug eye sunglasses! I'll admit, the mild form of the style is okay in my book. But when I see girls who have very small framed faces with glasses that take up half of their face... I don't know, I want to let them know that not everyone looks the same in a single pair of sunglasses. Whether they saw them in a magazine and bought some for themselves or if they are borrowing them from a friend. My tip to you all: Figure out what shape of face you have, and go from there. There are many different styles of glasses that can compliment your frame. Just because it looks great on one person, does not mean it looks amazing on everyone else. You know how they say, the bigger the better? Not always the case ladies!


Lastly, sandals and socks. Enough said.

I have a few more, but I don't want this entire blog to be so negative! So now that I have a few of those out there, let's move onto something a little bit more up lifting. I have a couple summer must haves for you :)

1. Dove's Summer Glow Beauty Body Lotion. I am not 100% sure, but there is a slight chance that this product was just recently discontinued. I have not been able to find it at any of my local drug stores but this has to be the best gradual self tanning lotion that I have had for the price that you pay. I don't spend a lot of money in self tanners, but if you're looking for something inexpensive... this is a great one! If anyone knows anything about it being discontinued or any other alternative recommendations... please let me know! The only other one I see is Jergen's Natural glow self tanner.. but I wasn't as in love with the scent as I was with this one.


2. Fun, Flirty, and Colorful Nail Polishes. I'm not a huge fan of bright colored nails, but when it comes to be summer... I'd say it's very do-able! One that I have been dieing to try is China Glaze's Peachy Keen. I just recently saw a review on this one, and I want it. If anyone has this one, pleaaaaase let me know how you feel about it!


3. Olay's Active Hydrating Face Lotion. I absolutely L-O-V-E this stuff. It's extremely light weight and it does not clog your pours. The smell is pretty basic, if you've ever smelt regular Olay face lotion... it smells very similar to that. It has a very fresh scent to it though! That's the only way I can really verbally describe it. You can find it at stores like Target, and it usually goes for about 6-9 dollars a bottle... depending on the size.

4. Victoria's Secret Dream Angels "Divine". If you've never smelt it before... go into your local Victoria's Secret store and give it a try. It's not for everyone, but I have gotten many compliments on it. The body spray is a steal, usually about 22.00 a bottle. Sometimes there are deals though, so be on the look out for those!

2 comments: