Friday, May 7, 2010

latest obsessions.

Happy Friday Everyone! :)

I'm sure you're all looking forward to the weekend as much as I am, it's been a long week! I was debating between whether I wanted to put up a couple more beauty product reviews or if I should share with everyone my latest obsessions. I decided to mainly go with the second one, but combine it with a review and how I feel about the item. I thought this could be interesting considering you don't know very much about me... and this would be a little introduction to my fashion and beauty must haves! Especially for the spring and summer time. Here it goes!

Number 1:
Floral prints... I am completely insanely in love with anything that has vintage looking floral prints on it. If it has lace backing, I'm in heaven! It's been a really hot item this spring, and it looks extremely cute if you pair it with the right outfit and accessories. I usually throw on a cute floral tank top with some destroyed denim shorts. Floral print dresses are also a favorite of mine right now!


Number 2:
Pureology Shampoo and Conditioner. I am not kidding you, this stuff is AMAZING! I was introduced to the product a few years ago when I started going to the salon and getting my hair highlighted professionally. They tell you that you can't buy it anywhere other than the salons themselves, but that's total BS. Not only that, you can usually find it much cheaper at well known department stores. I've seen them available at Target and even Walmart. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing shampoo and conditioner but it can be a bit pricey. I wouldn't consider it to be an everyday cleaning solution for two reasons. It isn't the largest bottle in the world (you'd run out quickly!) and the obvious price of it. At target, they run about $28.50 a bottle. With that said, the smell is delectable with a very fresh, clean, and almost minty scent. In addition to that, after leaving it on for the requested two minutes... your hair feels incredible! Super soft, and super healthy. If you have the money and are willing to put it towards something like this, I completely recommend it to anyone looking for something new and for something that actually works!


If you're anything like me, and can't afford it every time you run out... I've got another recommendation for you that is an awesome alternative! It is much more inexpensive but it reminds me a lot of Pureology in many different ways. The smell is similar but not exact. It too has a minty and fresh scent to it and it leaves your hair extremely healthy and soft... just not to the same extent obviously. The product I'm talking about is Loreal's Every Pure shampoo and conditioner. It is sulfate free and offers a lot of moisture to your hair. This product can be found at departments stores like Target as well, but it is only $4.00-$6.00 a bottle. Which is an awesome deal for what you get as a result!

Number 3:
Bohemian braids. I'm not really sure what changed, but I feel that my style has taken a very large turn within the last year or so. I think a bohemian braid in you hair can instantly change the mood of your outfit and appearance. It throws in a very laid back feel to it. Added bonus, it doesn't take much time or effort to do! Many celebrities have been rockin' the bohemian braids, so for anyone who reads fashion magazines... I'm sure they know exactly what I am talking about. It's simple and in my opinion, adorable. Here are a few different ways you can go about it!


Number 4:
Natural Makeup. With summer approaching us, I find it easier to cut back on the amount of time and effort that goes into getting ready for the day. I've really been into the natural look when it comes to makeup. Nothing is more beautiful than a woman who is proud of her natural self. I used to do the works when it came to beauty products: foundation, bronzer, blush, eyeliner, eye shadow, and mascara. I've recently taken the less maintenance approach and narrowed it down to just foundation and mascara, with a tad bit of bronzer if I'm feeling it. I would agree with anyone who says that "less is more" when it comes to your face. When you have nothing but a little bit of foundation on to even out your skin tone and some mascara to make your eyes pop, you look extremely clean and refreshed. I've never been into the caked on barbie look, but that is simply just my opinion. When I think of summer, I think of the beach, laying out by the pool, shopping with your girlfriends, dinner dates, and late night hot tubbing. You're in the sun the majority of the time, going in and out of water... who wants to continuously deal with black smears coming down your face? Not me. Two words for you, waterproof mascara.


Number 5:
Nude nail polish. If someone had told me a year ago that I'd be into nude colors anywhere on or even near my body, I would most likely had laughed in their face. I was pretty picky about my nail polish and didn't go for anything that wasn't either french manicure, clear, a deep burgundy/purple, or even black. I've discovered that my whole outlook on the idea has been quite mistaken and a little close minded. This Spring, the Les Impressions de Chanel collection brought us a palette of three neutral nail lacquers ranging from sheer pink and classic nude to a grayed out muddy brown. With any nude nail polish, it is easy to go with any outfit you wear and in my opinion, you can get away with wearing it year round. Let me clarify though, I'm talking purely nail polish. I'm not into pure nude color tones on my clothing for some reason... I'm sort of weird about that.


Number 6:
Victoria's Secret cheekiest lace-waist cotton thong. I probably own a good, twenty or so pairs of these bad boys. Not only are they extremely cute, but extremely comfortable! When it comes to coverage, it's pretty minimal. They are most definitely low cut, but they are sexy as hell! I think my favorite thing about this product is the fact that many different women can wear this style and feel confident in the way they look. It offers a-not-so-tight fitting lace band which shows your curves in all the right ways. No more of that muffin top business that so many women complain about! They have a bunch of different colors and patterns to choose from as well, which is a major plus. Even if you're suffering from one of those god-awful bloated days, these amazing panties will keep that confidence up! I've recommended this to all of my girlfriends, and I swear by them! Another awesome thing about it... Victoria's Secret is almost always offering a 5 for $25 deal. What a steal!

Number 7:
Sushi! I'm sure many of you are probably thinking that I'm delusional for taking this long for it to become an obsession of mine... but if it weren't for my boyfriend forcing me to try all his adventurous creations, I probably would still scrunch my nose up to even the idea of eating sushi. It's filling, it's fresh, and it's GOOD! I'm still a bit of a sushi virgin, but I am working on it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)


Number 8:
Spin Class. If you are trying to whip yourself into shape, I would recommend taking a spin class. It may not be as much fun as riding an actual bike around town or up in the mountains... but if you are looking for a basic workout to go to that will make you sweat like crazy, this is for you! I have been taking a few spin classes at school and I have achieved such an appreciation for it. When I first started the class, my main goal for myself was to gain strength and definition in my legs. If you're persistent about it and determined to reach that goal, you'll get there! With that said, I am in the process of finding myself a good bike to ride around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment